A Shared Account is an account that multiple salespeople can access and work with. This can be a great way for someone to cover account management duties when short term issues arise such as vacations, sick leave, etc. Account Sharing enables mentoring/shadowing new salespeople in your organization. It can also be a good long term solution to accommodate for job sharing.
1. Move your cursor over the account that you wish to work with, click the gear icon and select Share Account from the menu.2. In the Search field, begin typing the Salesperson’s last name.3. From the list of choices that appears, select their name from the list.4. Optionally, set an Expiration Date by checking the Expires On checkbox, and selecting a date from the popup calendar.5. Repeat steps 2, 3 (and optionally) 4 to add additional Salespeople to the account.6. Click the Save button.
1. Check the boxes preceding each account that you wish to share.2. From the Mass Actions menu, select Share Accounts.3. In the Search field, begin typing the Salesperson’s last name.4. From the list of choices that appears, select their name from the list.5. Optionally, set an expiration date by checking the Expires On checkbox, and selecting a date from the popup calendar.6. Repeat steps 3, 4 (and optionally) 5 to add additional salespeople to the account.7. Click the Save button.
How to remove shared access:
You can use two methods to remove/update shared access, depending on your situation.
Removing shared access for one account, one salesperson
If more than one salesperson is sharing an Account, but you only want to remove one salesperson from the Account, you will use this method.
1. Move your cursor over the account that you wish to work with, click the gear icon (on the right side of the account), and select Edit Shared Account from the menu. The Share this Account dialog box displays.
2. In the list of salespeople sharing the account, click the "x" preceding the person that you wish to remove from the account.
3. Click the Save button.
Removing shared access for one (or more) account(s) for all salespeople
When you need to completely remove all shared access from one or multiple accounts you should use this method.
1. Click the checkbox(es) preceding the Account(s) that you wish to work with.
2. From the Mass Actions menu, select Remove Shared Access. A confirmation message appears.
3. Click the Remove button.
Keyword Search: account profile, shared account, share accounts with reps, removed shared access, how to share accounts, share among sales reps,