The Projections Report provides an easy way for you to see how your projections from one quarter compare to another quarter.
To create the Projections Report, please follow the below instructions:
- Please navigate to Reports on the menu bar.
- Click the Forecast and Deals tab.
- Click Projections Report link.
On the Options screen, you will be presented with the below options to build your report.
- Hierarchy Selection - in this drop-down you may select the attribute(s) that are to be on the report
- Calendar Selection - in this drop-down you may select what calendar type the report will utilize
- Select Quarter Selections - in this drop-down you may select the quarter of projections you will want to review
- Select Comparison Quarter Selection - in this drop-down you may select the quarter to compare your projections to
- Include Pitched Projects as Part of Forecast Selection - in this option button, you can choose to add dollars from any projects as part of the forecast number
- Include Projection Comments - when enabled, this will show the comments at the lowest hierarchy level in the report. Once the report loads, you can click the comment icon to view the comments.
- Run Button - once all options have been selected, clicking the Run button will run the report
Clicking the Filters tab will allow you to select or not select various data points or groups within the report.
Once the report is run, the screen will display the report based on the Options and Filters selected. A view like the below will appear.
- Show Option - clicking this button will show the Options and Filters dialog to edit the report and allow you to re-run the report
- Hide Chart - clicking this button will remove the chart from the view
- Chart Field - the report will display a line chart showing the trending over the time frame that was selected
- Favorite Icon - clicking the Star icon will allow you to save the report has a favorite. Once saved as a favorite, the report can be shared to other users
- Download - in the drop-down a user can select to export the data in either a .csv format or Microsoft Excel format. Clicking the icon next to the drop down will download the report in the selected format
- Page Navigation - utilize the arrows or the box with the page number to move around to multiple pages of the report
- Report Data - the table at the bottom of the screen is the data from the report. The Projection Report is formatted so that the hierarchy is on the far left, followed by the following columns:
- Comparison Booked - Booked dollars from the quarter selected for the comparison
- Comparison Market Budget - the Market Budget for the quarter select for the comparison
- Comparison Share - Share for the comparison quarter selected
- Projection Dollars - Projected dollars for the quarter selected
- Projection Market - Market Budget for the quarter selected
- Projection Share - Share for the quarter selected
- Booked - Booked dollars for the selected quarter
- Market - Market Budget dollars for the selected quarter based on booked dollars
- Share - Share for the selected quarter based on booked dollars
- Pending - Pending dollars for the selected quarter
- Market - Market Budget dollars for the selected quarter based on pending dollars
- Share - Share for the selected quarter based on pending dollars
- Projects - The dollars from projects for the selected quarter (If selected as an option)
- Forecast - The summation of the booked, pending, and project dollars for the selected quarter