The Pacing Report provides an easy way for you to see if you, your team, or your entire enterprise are performing better or worse than you were for a similar time period (last year, 2 years ago, etc).
To create the Pacing Report, please follow the below instructions:
- Please navigate to Reports on the menu bar.
- Click the Revenue tab.
- Click Pacing Report link.
On the Options screen, you will be presented with the below options to build your report.
- Hierarchy Selection - in this drop-down you may select the attribute(s) that are to be on the report
- Calendar Selection - in this drop-down you may select what calendar type the report will utilize
- For Time Frame Selection - in this drop-down you may select the time frame of the report
- Roll Up Results By Selection - in this drop-down you may select how to roll up the results of the report by a lump sum or by month
- $ Change Since Selection - allows you to compare the booked dollars from this selected time period through today’s date and calculate the change between them
- Pacing Comparison Year Selection - makes it easy to select any year within the last 4 years to make a comparison to. It goes together with the Pacing As Of option in that selecting the comparison year will automatically adjust the Pacing As Of date’s year as well.
- Pacing As Of Selection - lets you choose the historical date to compare your time frame to. By default, we select 1 year prior to the latest billing import. This option works with the Pacing Comparison Year in that it will adjust the year based upon the comparison year selected.
- Show Pending and Forecast As Selection - allows you to show the pending and forecast as weighted or unweighted
- Budget Type Selection - allows you to choose a Bottom-Up or Top-Down view of the budget. This functionality is only available for managers. The Top-Down option will only be useful if you are budgeting Top-Down.
- Break Out Pending by Sales Stage Selection - provides the ability to see the traditional Pending column alongside columns that break out the pending amount into your Sales Stages
- Run Button - once all options have been selected, clicking the Run button will run the report
Clicking the Filters tab will allow you to select or not select various data points or groups within the report.
Once the report is run, the screen will display the report based on the Options and Filters selected. A view like the below will appear.
- Show Option - clicking this button will show the Options and Filters dialog to edit the report and allow you to re-run the report
- Hide Chart - clicking this button will remove the chart from the view
- Chart Field - the report will display a line chart showing the trending over the time frame that was selected
- Favorite Icon - clicking the Star icon will allow you to save the report has a favorite. Once saved as a favorite, the report can be shared to other users
- Download - in the drop-down a user can select to export the data in either a .csv format or Microsoft Excel format. Clicking the icon next to the drop down will download the report in the selected format
- Report Data - the table at the bottom of the screen is the data from the report. The Ranking Report is formatted so that the hierarchy is on the far left, followed by the following columns:
- TY Pace - The amount of dollars booked for the time frame selected as of today
- TY as of <DATE> - The amount of dollars booked for the time frame selected for the $ Change Since date selected
- $ Change from <DATE> - Calculation of ((TY Pace) – (TY as of <DATE>))
- TY-X Pace - The amount of dollars booked for the time frame selected within the Pacing Comparison Year for the Pacing As Of date selected
- Pace $ Diff - Calculation of ((TY Pace) – (TY-X Pace))
- Pace % Diff - Calculation of ((TY Pace) / (TY-X Pace)-1)
- TY-X Final - The amount of dollars booked for the time frame and comparison year selected as of today
- TY-X $ Remaining - Calculation of ((TY-X Final) – (TY-X Pace))
- % to TY-X Final - Calculation of ((TY-X Pace) / (TY-X Final))
- TY Pace / LY Final $ Diff - Calculation of ((TY Pace) – (TY-X Final))
- TY Pace / LY-X Final % - Calculation of ((TY Pace) / (TY-X Final))
- <Sales Stages> - The current pending amount for the time frame selected broken out by sales Stage. This will only display if you have enabled the Break out Pending by sales stage option
- Pending - The current pending amount for the time frame selected
- TY Forecast - Calculation of ((TY Pace) + (Pending))
- Budget - The amount of dollars budgeted for the selected Budget Type (Bottom-Up or Top-Down) in the time frame selected
- $ to Budget - Calculation of ((TY Pace) – (Budget))
- % to Budget - Calculation of ((TY Pace) / (Budget))