The Budget Report provides an easy way for you to see if you, your team, or your entire enterprise are on track to make budget for a given time frame and, if not, what it will take to get there.
To create the Budget Report, please follow the below instructions:
- Please navigate to Reports on the menu bar.
- Click the Revenue tab.
- Click Budget Report link.
On the Options screen, you will be presented with the below options to build your report.
- Hierarchy Selection - In this drop-down you may select the attribute(s) that are to be on the report
- Calendar Selection - In this drop-down you may select what calendar type the report will utilize
- For Time Frame Selection - In this drop-down you may select the time frame of the report
- Budget Type Selection - In this drop-down you may select the budget type, Top Down or Bottom Up, you wish to see
- Metrics Selection - Choose which metrics you would like to view in the report
- Include a Projection alongside your Forecast - Select Yes to view your Projections in the report
- Include a Pitched Projects as part of my forecast - Select Yes to view your Pitched total from your Project in the report
- Run Button - once all options have been selected, clicking the Run button will run the report
Clicking the Filters tab will allow you to select or not select various data points or groups within the report.
Once the report is run, the screen will display the report based on the Options and Filters selected. A view like the below will appear.
- Show Option - clicking this button will show the Options and Filters dialog to edit the report and allow you to re-run the report
- Hide Chart - clicking this button will remove the chart from the view
- Chart Field - the report will display a line chart showing the trending over the time frame that was selected
- Favorite Icon - clicking the Star icon will allow you to save the report has a favorite. Once saved as a favorite, the report can be shared to other users
- Download - in the drop-down a user can select to export the data in either a .csv format or Microsoft Excel format. Clicking the icon next to the drop down will download the report in the selected format
- Page Navigation - utilize the arrows or the box with the page number to move around to multiple pages of the report
- Report Data - the table at the bottom of the screen is the data from the report. The Budget Report is formatted so that the hierarchy is on the far left, followed by the following columns:
- Billed LY - The amount of dollars booked 1 year prior to the time frame selected
- Billed TY - The amount of dollars booked for the time frame selected
- Budget - The amount of dollars budgeted for the selected Budget Type (Bottom-Up or Top-Down) in the time frame selected
- Forecast - Calculation of ((Billed TY) + (Pending)) Note that pending is not visible on this report
- $ Diff TY/Budget - Calculation of ((Billed TY) – (Budget))
- % Diff TY/Budget - Calculation of ((Billed TY) / (Budget)-1)
- $ Diff Forecast/Budget - Calculation of ((Forecast) – (Budget))
- % Diff Forecast/Budget - Calculation of ((Forecast) / (Budget)-1)
- NEW CALCULATION $ Diff TY-LY Calculation ((Billed TY) – (Billed LY))
- NEW CALCULATION % Diff TY/LY Calculation ((Billed TY) / (Billed LY))