The Revenue Summary Report provides a way for you to see how you, your team, or your entire enterprise are offsetting Lost dollars with New and Returning business in order to continue growing.
To create the Revenue Summary Report, please follow the below instructions:
- Please navigate to Reports on the menu bar.
- Click the Revenue tab.
- Click Revenue Summary Report link.
On the Options screen, you will be presented with the below options to build your report.
- Hierarchy Selection - in this drop-down you may select the attribute(s) that are to be on the report
- Calendar Selection - in this drop-down you may select what calendar type the report will utilize
- For Time Frame Selection - in this drop-down you may pick the time frame for the results of the report
- Roll Up Results By Selection - in this drop-down you may select the way that the results are reported in a lump sum or by month
- Run Button - once all options have been selected, clicking the Run button will run the report
Clicking the Filters tab will allow you to select or not select various data points or groups within the report.
Once the report is run, the screen will display the report based on the Options and Filters selected. A view like the below will appear.
- Show Option - clicking this button will show the Options and Filters dialog to edit the report and allow you to re-run the report
- Hide Chart - clicking this button will remove the chart from the view
- Chart Field - the report will display a line chart showing the trending over the time frame that was selected
- Favorite Icon - clicking the Star icon will allow you to save the report has a favorite. Once saved as a favorite, the report can be shared to other users
- Download - in the drop-down a user can select to export the data in either a .csv format or Microsoft Excel format. Clicking the icon next to the drop down will download the report in the selected format
- Report Data - the table at the bottom of the screen is the data from the report. The Revenue Summary Report is formatted so that the hierarchy is on the far left, followed by a columns for:
- $ Lost - Booked dollars that were spending with you 1 year prior to the time frame selected but are no longer spending on the same Outlet(s) in the time frame selected
- Billed LY - The amount of dollars booked 1 year prior to the time frame selected
- LY $ Returning - Booked dollars that spent with you 2 years prior to the time frame selected and are also spending with you again 1 year prior to the time frame selected on the same Outlet(s)
- Billed TY - The amount of dollars booked for the time frame selected
- TY $ Returning - Booked dollars that spent with you 1 year prior to the time frame selected and are also spending with you again during the time frame selected on the same Outlet(s)
- $ Var Returning - Calculation of ((TY $ Returning) – (LY $ Returning))
- %$ Var Returning - Calculation of ((TY $ Returning) / (LY $ Returning)-1)
- $ New by Definition - Booked dollars that are new to the time period based upon the Matrix New Business Definition
- %$ New by Definition - Calculation of (($ New by Definition) / (Billed TY))
- $ Brand New - Booked dollars that have never spent with you before on any Outlet
- %$ Brand New - Calculation of (($ Brand New) / (Billed TY))
- $ New to Period - Booked dollars that are new to the selected time frame, but may have spent with you in other time periods before
- %$ New to Period - Calculation of (($ New to Period) / (Billed TY))