Setting Up for Email Activity Types
The Email activity type should be reserved to capture and save emails that you send to your contacts. To use this activity type, you will not actually create an activity. The activity will be created for you, and the email contents saved in Monarch, when you send the email through your email system. To successfully use this feature, you need to ensure that you save your personal Matrix Activity vCard to your email’s electronic address book. Note: You will only complete this step once.
To save your personal Matrix Activity vCard:
1. Click My Profile, located in the drop-down menu under your name in the upper right-hand corner.
2. Click the Integration button.
3. In the Matrix Activity Email area, click the Download vCard link.
4. Follow the prompts on the screen to save the vCard as a contact in your electronic address book. The prompts that you receive on the screen may vary, depending on the browser that you are using.
Note: It is highly recommended that Contacts are first added/imported into Matrix prior to using this function. This will allow the Matrix Activity contact to quickly find the matching email in Matrix and archive it accordingly with the correct Contact information.
Use the Email Activity Function:
Once you have saved your personal Matrix Activity vCard to your electronic address book, using the functionality is very easy.
- Be sure to include your personal "Matrix Activity" contact in the Bcc line before you send the email. (This will ensure that your Matrix Activity contact address will remain private.)
When you send the email, Matrix will review the address(es) of the email recipient(s), and create the activity for you. If the contact is already in Matrix, the activity will be listed as Completed under your activities and will also show on the contact page.
If an address does not match any contacts in Matrix, then that contact will not be added to the Email activity. However, the activity will still be listed as a Complete Email activity on your Activity List. You can go back to the activity and edit it to add the Contact information as needed.
Note: If the email is part of a chain, Matrix will scan the recipient address fields, as well as the first header within the email chain for addresses to attach to the Matrix activity.