What should be on the AE Accounts List?
- AE Account Lists should only include account the AE is responsible to service or develop. For Example:
- Current Billing
- Prospect or leads with the potential to bill and are activity being developed
- Billing in the last year with a potential of returning
Importance of clean account lists:
- Saves Time:
- Reduces clutter in Monarch, easier to find the data the AE’s need in the system
- Eliminates working over each other on an account
- Everyone can see what accounts are available to call on
- Increases Revenue
- Gives AE’s clarity on the accounts they need to be working
You Need to know about your team:
- Accuracy of the reports
- Who owns what accounts
- How many accounts should be on a list, example how many accounts can be serviced and developed effectively
- Define when accounts are to be reassigned, 12 months as an example
- Placeholder accounts – are used to park accounts when an active AE is no longer calling on the account. Examples as follows:
- *Local House – Your Market Name, State
- *Open – Your Market Name, State
- *Out of Business – Your Market Name, State
- *Inactive – Your Market Name, State
Recommended Clean Up Approach:
Account Reviews - Going through the process with your one on ones with your salespeople will all you to discuss any Accounts in question, completing the task more efficiently.
- From the Account List, toggle to the Master List
- Filter to the salesperson whose list you are going to review and note the number of accounts. Answer is there enough, to many accounts on the AE’s list.
- Sort on the last billed date
- Determine is the account should remain on the AE’s list. Accounts with older last billed dates and no recent or planned activity, are good candidates to reassign.
- Reassign the accounts
- Add a check mark next to it (on the left) and click on the Mass Actions button.
- Select Reassign Accounts
- Under To This Salesperson's box, use the search bar to locate the new Salesperson who should take over the Account.
- Click on the Salesperson's name
- Click on the Save Button
- NOTE: If you want to reassign the Accounts on a specific date, choose to Reassign on, add the date that you would like the reassignment to take place, choose the Salesperson, select Save