General Card Configuration
Configuring the cards is the same as the view for a manager or salesperson. Each card slot has 2 states. It either has a card, and its name will display at the top of the slot, or a card can be added to it denoted by the “+” button in the middle of a card.
Selecting the “+” button will load the list of cards that can be selected.
Reports and Alerts as Data Cards
Reports and Alerts make great home page dashboard cards too! To add reports or alerts for users you’ll want to choose a manager that currently owns the Favorite Report (configured to be viewed on the home page) or alert that you wish to add to the dashboard via the Impersonate User Email and click save.
Once refreshed with the impersonated user, add a new card as you would any other and select Favorite Report or Favorite Alert. Then select the corresponding report or alert from the list available. It will now display on the home page alongside any other cards already configured.
It is important to note that while you are using the report or alert from a specific manager, the recipients will view the results with their own security and partition. For example, if you created a report from an all-access manager and a manager with access to only Pittsburgh were to view it, then they would see the results with permissions for Pittsburgh. It is the same partitioning logic used as sharing favorite reports with managers.
Additionally, if the report or alert owner modifies their report/alert or event deletes it, then the change will be reflected on the admin view and be pushed out to all recipients as well since the admin is not the owner. It might be best to create everything from an all access manager that will not change in order to avoid this.
Some cards need to be configured in order to get the best results by an end user and maintain a corporate solution. Take the Sales Outlook, for example. Once the admin has added the Sales Outlook, they can click into it and configure the filters, view, and time frame as they see fit. All of their changes will hold for the receiving managers and salespeople. The Time frame will roll on a Monthly, Quarterly or Yearly basis so the admin does not need to reconfigure this and the recipients will not have to set the time each time.
While the admin does setup the defaults, the recipients are free to make temporary changes as they see fit and adjust the filter, view, and time frame. However, upon refresh the settings will go back to the admin configured view.
Don’t forget to click Save when you are done. Remember, if you want this to go to the users immediately then set the Enabled Configuration to YES. Otherwise leave it as NO while you continue to configure the home page for this role.
Interacting as a Manager or Salesperson
- Tabs - The tabs at the top of the page allow you to quickly switch between the admin configured view (which may be the first tab in the list but not always if one is not configured for you) and your personalized cards.
- Your personalized cards can be renamed via the pencil in the top right. If you do not see a pencil, it means you are on the admin configured tab and a name has been set for you.
- Tabs that you create can also be deleted via the in the top right. If you do not see an to delete the tab it means you are either on the admin configured or on your default personalized tab.
- You can add your own, user created, personalized tabs via the button. You will be asked to give your new tab a name and then you can add whatever cards you wish to that tab. This tab can be renamed or deleted since you created it.
- While viewing the admin configured tab, you may see a card with the message “Card Is Not Defined” in the middle. This means the admin has not set any card to be in this specific place. You cannot add one yourself. It can only be modified by the admin.
- All cards on the page can be expanded and viewed as if they were your own cards and reports. It does not matter which tab they are on. They will always display with your partition in mind, no matter how they were created. This may mean, at times, some cards may not display information for you depending on how the creator chose to filter the information.
- Cards that were configured by a manager, such as the Sales Outlook, can be modified by you. However, upon refresh the settings will revert back to the admin configured options so as to keep a consistent message across the organization.