We have enhanced the New Business report. Use this report to determine where accounts are sticky in your business. This report can help sales teams identify the behavior of new business as of a user defined time frame. Toggle between Gross and Net Revenue views.
Our new enhanced report provides you with an exciting, interactive reporting experience. Reports in this new framework offer unique filtering, drill-down, navigation, and exporting capabilities. The New Business Continuation has three key functional areas a chart, a detail pivot table, and a filter panel.
Set your hierarchy with the buttons across the top of the page. Adjusting the hierarchy will impact the visualizations and how the data has been organized in a pivot table.
- Account – displays data only based on the account
- Account > Outlet – displays data with Account as the primary and Outlet as the secondary hierarchy
- Account > Category – displays data with Account as the primary and Outlet as the secondary hierarchy
- Account > Salesperson – displays data with Account as the primary and Salesperson as the secondary hierarchy
- Salesperson > Account – displays data with Salesperson as the primary and Account as the secondary hierarchy
Don’t see a hierarchy that fits your desired report parameters. Please reach out to the Matrix Support team for additional information.
The bar chart provides you a high-level view of where revenue drops off for new business.
Interact with the chart:
- Hover on the bars for tooltips that provide details on the Booked Revenue
- Click on a bar to use it as a filter. When filtering with the visualization, the pivot table will also be impacted and will narrow the data scope to match the clicked area. For example, if I click on the bar labeled Pittsburgh Market, my pivot table will filter to show me only the accounts selling in the Pittsburgh market. You can confirm a chart filter is in use when one bar is highlighted, and the other bars are greyed out.
- To undo chart filters, click Clear Selection. The Clear Selection icon will be present when you hover on the top right corner of the chart.
- For large data sets use the Matrix Microscope. The Microscope is a mini chart that will display below the bar chart, which allows you to control the viewable area on the primary chart. You can shrink the viewable and scroll through the viewable using the microscope.
- Click on the Options menu just above the pivot table to select an export option. Click Options, Download, and from CSV and Image. All exports will be available as browser downloads on your Downloads folder.
- Image – export the visualization as an image.
- CSV – export the visualization as a raw file
The pivot table provides you a detailed view of where sales or revenue has been booked in outlets and markets.
Manage data in the pivot table:
- Sort columns by clicking on column headers.
- Review Outlet or Market Grand Totals at the bottom of the chart on any page, and Account Grand totals in the rightmost column.
- Click on the Options menu just above the pivot table to select an export option. Click Options, Download, and select from CSV, PDF, Image, and Excel. All exports will be available as browser downloads on your Downloads folder.
- Image – export the pivot table as an image. When exported as an image only the first page will be displayed in the JPEG.
- CSV – export the pivot table as a CSV. When exported as a CSV, the file can be opened in Excel and manipulated as a raw data set. This format will offer data that can filtered and manipulated further for deeper analysis in Excel.
- PDF – export the pivot table as a PDF. When exported as a PDF only the first page will be displayed in the PDF.
- Excel – export the pivot table as a formatted excel file. When exported as Excel, the file can be opened in Excel formatted as a pivot table. This format will offer you a clean table presentation that does not need to be modified unless desired.
Apply filters that adjust the parameters of the report. Filters can be found in the right panel. This panel can be collapsed by clicking the grey tab icon located approximately mid-page. Note that the tab will animate or become bold on hover. Filter settings are sticky, so it will keep your last settings by default. You can also define their default filters and filter settings to use in future report runs.
Interact with the filters:
- Setting up a Default Filter – Adjust all the individual filters to your preference and click the Options menu in the top right corner of the Filter menu. Select Set as My Default Filters to save your filter preferences.
- Restore My Default Filter – Click the restore icon at the top of the filter menu to undo any filters and restore your default settings.
- Editing Filters – Hover on the filter until the pencil icon appears in the top right corner. Click on the pencil icon to select from and edit any of the filter types. Filters can be disabled through the toggle on the bottom of each filter. Disabling a filter will cause that filter to function as an all. For example, disabling the Account filter is the same as Include All Accounts filter.
- Filter Types:
- List – search a list of values and check the box to single-select or multi-select items. Click Include All to quickly grab everything in the filter category
- Text – search by entering single or multiple strings of text
- Calendar – click and drag to select a date range in the calendar window or type a specific date range in the To and From values. Adjust the number of months displayed in the calendar feature with the dropdown.
- Time Frame –select from predefined time frames such as “This year”, “Last Year”, and several others.
- Ranking – define your ranking by selecting the number of items to display organized by the Top or Bottom # values
- Starred (Favorite) – save favorite filter combination to quickly reference specific items within a filter, thereby providing quick access to the filter values you use most.
For customers that utilize offset calendar functionality, you can manage your offsets by leverage the Calendar filter. See notes above on how to manage the Calendar filter.